The Episcopal Church of St. Anne
St. Anne's Episcopal Church goes back informally to Civil War times. For many years following the great conflict, worshipers met in homes and read morning and evening prayer services. When their number increased they rented quarters. As late as 1880 the Diocesan Journal listed Morrison as an unorganized mission.
In 1883, a gift of $120 enabled the group to purchase a lot at the corner of Cherry and Knox Streets. The church was built at a cost of $1800 and ready for formal services Thanksgiving 1883 and dedicated on March 16, 1884. On November 22, 1888, at the Bishop's first visitation to the new mission, he consecrated the building and baptized the first child born in Morrison, whose name was Minnie E. Vroom born in 1855.
St. Anne's continued as a Mission Church until January 12, 1986 when it attained full self-supporting Parish status.
The Right Reverend Jeffrey Dean Lee, Diocesan Bishop
The Reverend Father James Brzezinski, Rector
The Reverend Father Andrew Bro, Honorary Assistant Priest
Mr. Donald Miller, Musician/Choirmaster
Mrs. Nancy Brzezinski, Organist
Mr. Ernest E. Huling - Senior Warden
Mr. Gerald L. Brown - Treasurer
Mr. Marc J. Adami - Junior Warden
Mr. Daniel Engelkens
Mrs. Dee Berge
Mr. Ralph Kennedy
Mr. Todd Statzer