January Calendars with rota
The Episcopal Church of St. Anne
Current status of In-Person worship and gatherings
Church of Saint Anne has been successful with our safety protocols and we are gradually returning to normal. We are thankful for the improvements in public health but continue to be vigilant to ever changing conditions and threats to health safety.
COVID-19 In-person Worship Protocol:
Make good personal choices that are best for you.
Please stay home if you are in an “at risk” people group or if you do not feel well or are sick – attend virtual services.
Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is "currently required." We recommend consulting your doctor to determine the best use for your personal circumstances and preferences.
Please don't forget:
We are in a situation with the Coronavirus that is unprecedented to any other time in our life and it is so important that we keep St. Anne’s in our thoughts and you remain vigilant to continue to give your pledge and donations that are so vital to keep up with our Church operating budget.
Please send your donation to the Church of Saint Anne Attn: Treasurer.
Church of Saint Anne
401 North Cherry Street
Morrison, IL 61270Type your paragraph here.
*(A special message from Fr. James and the diocese)
On Wednesday, December 22 at noon Bishop Chilton Knudsen and Diocesan staff hosted a Zoom Meeting for clergy and lay leaders to address concerns about Christmas services and keeping congregations safe amidst surging COVID-19 cases.
Assisting Bishop Chilton Knudsen was the main speaker with addition comments from the Diocesan staff and questions from Zoom meeting participants.
The Diocese called this meeting to confirm the December 15, 2021 update as follows:
COVID-19 Advisory Team Reminders and Updates
As Illinois entered another COVID-19 surge and the Omicron variant was confirmed in the state, the diocesan COVID-19 advisory team met late last week to review its guidelines for congregations and make recommendations for the season.
There are two diocesan requirements that remain in place:
1. In accordance with the State of Illinois mandate and at the direction of the ecclesiastical authority, face masks must be worn in all indoor settings. With the anticipation of holiday visitors who may not be familiar with this policy, please make sure you have extra masks available, and visible signage.
2. Congregations should continue to refrain from using the common cup and common loaf of bread for communion.
* We are seeking new members on the Vestry and the Foundation Fund to replace those whose terms will expire in January. Please let Fr. James know if you are interested and willing to fill one of these positions.
* A note on the changes that have been made to our regular schedule of events: Pending any covid restrictions and diocesan approval: On the first Sunday of every month we will host coffee hour/fellowship after our in-person Mass at 9:30am in the Undercroft for those who wish to participate. We'll make coffee, but please bring your own food or treats to eat or to share. There will be no virtual Mass from the Rectory on these Sundays.
* If you are interested in attending St. Anne's virtual services "live" please contact Fr. James at: firstname.lastname@example.org and he will add you to the email invite from GoToMeeting. Youtube video recordings are available soon after the "live" sessions and can be viewed at any time - see link on schedule page.
Saturday January 1st - The Holy Name of our Lord Jesus Christ will be celebrated with In-person Mass at 9:00 am followed by a potential dine-out for those who wish to participate.
Sunday January 2nd - The 2nd Sunday after Christmas will be celebrated with Virtual Mass from the Rectory at 9:300am only.
Tuesday January 4th - We will celebrate the Feast of the Epiphany (transferred from January 6th) with Virtual Mass from the Rectory at 5:30pm.
Sunday January 9th - The First Sunday after the Epiphany will be celebrated with Virtual Mass from the Rectory at 9:30am only.
Tuesday January 11th - We will the honor Aelred, Abbot of Rievaulx with virtual Mass from the Rectory at 5:30pm.
Sunday January 16th - The Second Sunday after the Epiphany will be celebrated with in-person Low Mass at 8:00am Sung Mass at 9:30am and Virtual Mass from the Rectory at 11:00am.
Tuesday January 18th - We will celebrate the Confession of St. Peter the Apostle with Virtual Mass from the Rectory at 5:30pm.
Wednesday January 19th - We will celebrate the Confession of St. Peter the Apostle with In-person Mass at 5:30pm. Final Monthly Vestry meeting of our current Vestry is scheduled for today. Details of how and where we will meet will be announced after Fr. James has discussed options with the diocese during the current pandemic surge.
Sunday January 23rd - The Third Sunday after the Epiphany will be celebrated with in-person Low Mass at 8:00am Sung Mass at 9:30am and Virtual Mass from the Rectory at 11:00am. Currently our scheduled Annual General Meeting has been postponed. Traditionally this is the only congregational meeting held during the year. We are waiting to hear from the diocese how we should meet and proceed in light of current pandemic restrictions.
Tuesday January 25th - We will celebrate the Feast of the Conversion of St. Paul the Apostle with virtual Mass from the Rectory at 5:30pm.
Wednesday January 26th - We will continue the celebration of the Conversion of St. Paul the Apostle with in-person Mass at 5:30pm followed by a potential dine-out for those who wish to participate.
Sunday January 30th - The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany will be celebrated with in-person Low Mass at 8:00am Sung Mass at 9:30am and Virtual Mass from the Rectory at 11:00am if weather and covid conditions allow.